What are you doing this Christmas and New Year?6th August 2018
Sure, it's only just August, but the festive season is upon us. With 20 Mondays left until Christmas Eve, it's never too late to start thinking about how you might like to celebrate the holidays.
Luckily, we have some availability remaining on our winter tours that will introduce you to exciting new traditions, authentic festive cuisine and offer explorations at sites that are less busy at this time of year...
So, where can we take you?
As mentioned in last week's blog post, this tour tempts you with the chance to see Da Vinci's masterwork – The Last Supper – ahead of the crowds that are bound to descend upon Milan in 2019, a year that will mark the 500th anniversary of this iconic artist's death.
- Visit the Da Vinci Science Museum
- See one of his locks on the Canal
- Stand before his legendary painting, The Last Supper
- Enjoy an exclusive workshop with a watercolour artist
- Pay a private visit to the Sforza Castle
A wealth of unique experiences await on this tour, perfectly timed so that you can indulge in the festive atmosphere, extravagant holiday lights and delicious treats Manhattan has to offer during the run-up to Christmas.
- See a concert, enjoy a performance of The Nutcracker and watch a rousing opera at the Met
- Meet dancers from the New York City Ballet at an exclusive private seminar
- Take a special backstage tour of the Metropolitan Opera House
- Visit Carnegie Hall and enjoy a concert there
- Experience the fantastic festive shopping and Christmas markets of NYC
Feast on world-class art and unrivalled scenery in this magnificent Italian city in late December...
- An exclusive out-of-hours visit to the Accademia Museum to view Michelangelo's David privately
- Private access to the mosaic workshops
- A special drawing workshop at a centrally-located studio
- A private visit to the Palazzo Corsini (and, if we're lucky, maybe the Countess will show us around herself!)
A true haven for mosaic lovers, experience an Italian Christmas this year and join us for an artistic and historic tour of Ravenna.
- Indulge in a traditional Italian Christmas celebration
- An out-of-hours tour of the Church of San Vitale
- Tour Pomposa Abbey
- Take a boat trip to the tiny Barbana Island
- Explore the great Cathedral of Aquileia
Discover one of the most charismatic and engaging of the great cities of the world in all its festive glory.
- A Christmas morning walk through the Field of Mars
- Hear the Pope's annual St. Peter's Basilica address
- See Michelangelo's masterwork during a private visit
- Explore the great Ostia Antica archaeological site
- Visit the Village Borghese and see its exquisite collections
Celebrate Christmas in the splendid capital of Austria. Vienna is, in many ways, a cutting-edge city, leading the world in design, architecture, contemporary art and more – but its rich history is even more captivating...
- Experience the pomp and ceremony of Hofburg Palace
- Revel in the atmosphere of its Christmas markets
- Discover Vienna's many delights
- Enter the catacombs beneath St. Stephen's Cathedral
- Admire Klimt's The Kiss at Schloss Belvedere
New Year's Eve
Let us treat you to a very privileged view of the city as we bid farewell to 2018 and welcome in the new year.
- Special access to Doge's Palace
- A private evening visit to St. Mark's Basilica
- Travel by vaporetto across the lagoon to the almost deserted island of Torcello, home to the oldest buildings in Venice
- Enjoy the festive atmosphere of a true Italian New Year's Eve, with fireworks over St. Mark's Square
Explore the astonishing remnants of Naples' ancient city and tour the incomparable Pompeii on this multi-centre New Year's tour.
- See out the old year at Pompeii, when it's devoid of tourists
- Explore the amazing Piscina Mirabilis, an ancient Roman cistern opened at our request
- Visit the well-preserved Roman amphitheatre in Pozzuoli
- Celebrate New Year with a delicious gala dinner and authentic festivities
Temples, tombs and mummies – Egypt has some of the most iconic archaeology in the world and it is a great, unusual destination in which to ring in the New Year.
- Led by seasoned Egyptologist Lucia Gahlin
- Privileged access to the Valley of the Kings and Queens
- Discover Abu Simbel, one of the most impressive temples in the country
- Explore little-visited sites in Western Thebes
- Cruise the Nile aboard the MS Farah
To book any of our tours, call our friendly team today on 01722 569638 and we'll do the rest!