What to do in Italy: Visit a Parmigiano-Reggiano Producer1st November 2018
Something we absolutely love to do in northern Italy is to bring tour groups to artisanal Parmigiano-Reggiano producers.
There's nothing better as a lover of food than standing before cheese-makers, who still do everything by hand and at a pace that perfectly demonstrates their sheer passion and expertise.
So, what's it like to visit a Parmigiano-Reggiano house? Well, without giving too much away, it is equal parts fascinating and delicious. You'll get to see the traditional process, the people hard at work creating the cheese, and the finished product, while learning all about it from the experts along the way. Oh, and of course there will be the opportunity to sample this delicious product afterwards!
- Make your own pasta in an authentic Italian kitchen
- Visit a traditional Parmigiano-Reggiano producer
- Stop by at a family run producer of balsamic vinegar
- Experience a truffle hunt with a local expert and enjoy the fruits of your search over lunch
- Sample Parmigiano-Reggiano during a visit to an artisanal producer
- Pay a visit to a family-run balsamic vinegar house
- Hunt for truffles with an expert who will help you to uncover this elusive and decadent delicacy
- Enjoy a hands-on cookery class at Podere San Giuliano
- Taste authentic panpepato cake, first produced by local nuns years ago in Ferrara