Join Colonel Paul Beaver on our new Spitfire Study Day12th November 2018
What are you doing on June 11th, 2019? If you're free, we have an exclusive experience that is sure to delight anyone with a passion for aviation or history...
Colonel Paul Beaver – a member of the Spitfire Society with six hours of Spitfire flying in his log book – will lead our brand new Study Day at Biggin Hill next summer, which is on the iconic Spitfire aeroplane. Come and see a legend up close on this unique day-long adventure in the new year.
A marvel frequently seen at air shows around the world, this is a rare chance to discover it for yourself at the famous Battle of Britain fighter station – Biggin Hill.
All guests on this Study Day will receive a free signed and personalised copy of Spitfire Evolution by Col. Paul Beaver, and the day is set to begin at 10am sharp at the Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar.
- 10.15am – an introductory lecture from Col. Paul Beaver
- 11.00am – coffee break
- 11.15am – go behind the scenes with a special tour of the hangar, which is led by an engineer who works with the Spitfires
- 12.30pm – buffet-style lunch in the hangar
- 1.30pm – lecture from Col. Paul Beaver
- 14.30pm – your chance to sit in a Spitfire (photographer John Goodman will take photographs, which will be available to purchase for an extra cost)
- 15.30pm – the Spitfire engine will start up
- 16.00pm – the day comes to an end
- The Spitfire and the Battle of Britain
- Biggin Hill and Spitfire Operations
- Wartime Developments to the Spitfire
To book your place on this newly-announced Study Day, just click here to book online or call our friendly sales team on 01722 569479 today.