Discover Denmark and its extraordinary archaeology in 20208th July 2019
If you've been keeping up with us over the past few weeks, you'll know that our brand new brochure is finally out! One of our new for 2020 tours is Denmark - Not Only Vikings, and we are so excited to share it with you.
Departing in both June and September, when the weather is perhaps at its most pleasant in the country, this tour will take you all over the country in search of its fascinating history.
To view the tour's full itinerary, just click here now.
- Come face to face with the iconic Tollund Man at the Silkeborg Museum
- View the runestones of Harald Bluetooth and Gorm the Old in Jelling (pictured below)
- Explore the open-air museum of Den Gamle By
- View the largest ship burial ever found in Denmark at Ladby
- Discover the National Museum of Copenhagen and enjoy free time in this cosmopolitan city
- Visit Haithabu to view the Viking Age settlement area with its reconstructed houses
- Services of an experienced tour manager
- All local travel aboard a private a/c coach
- Most meals included with wine at dinner
- Entries and tips to all sites in the programme
- Field notes
- Hand-picked hotels throughout
- Return flights from London
Who's the Guide Lecturer?
This 10-day tour is led by Brian Ayers, an expert in medieval archaeology and Honorary Senior Lecturer at the University of East Anglia.