On the Shah’s Footsteps: A Journey Across Iran
Iran boasts one of the world’s richest cultural legacies. Grand archaeological sites and cities stand as testimonies of the powerful and vibrant empires that once ruled its lands. Its portable arts, from polychrome ceramics to fine miniature paintings and carpets, also reveal its sophistication and poetic outlook.
Through unprecedented access to superb examples from the Eastern Art collections in the Ashmolean Museum, this study day will reveal the refinement of Persian art and its spellbinding quality.
See something old in a new way
Andante Study Days offer rare, often unique, insights into the world of working archaeology. All are led by expert guides, and are designed to give guests access to some of the best of British Archaeology...
What to expect
- An expert guide to accompany you throughout the Day
- A mixture of lectures, practical demonstrations, handling sessions, guided tours and walks
- Special access to museums, sites and galleries otherwise closed to the general public (where specified)
- Small Groups 12-25 guests
- The company of like-minded people!