Romans in the Alps
Discover traces of ancient Roman life among truly breathtaking Italian landscapes. From incredible subterranean remains to clifftop ruins of once-magnificent villas, this tour will take in a range of enchanting sites in the country’s beautiful north.
Experience the history of Verona, from its stunning amphitheatre to its religious architecture, and explore the charming town of Brescia with its many stories. We will visit several amazing archaeological parks, each home to fascinating remains, and our expert guide’s boundless knowledge will enlighten us on the tales behind the sites on this eight-day adventure.
- See ruins of a majestic Roman villa on the shores of Lake Garda
- Join archaeologist Simon Thompson & tour Verona’s hidden sites
- Visit the underground remains of Tridentum, founded by Romans
- Tour the world-renowned Verona amphitheatre in all its glory
- Enjoy delicious regional cuisine along the way as we explore Italy
- All Inclusive
- Special Access
- Expert Guide Lecturer
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach
- Meals - All meals included with wine at dinner
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in programme; tips included
- Field Notes
For full information about Passport validity and Visa requirements as well as Health and Vaccination information please click here.