Serbia: Land of the Iron Emperors
Situated on the mighty Danube and stretching into the Balkans, this land is one of the cradles of European civilisation. One of the earliest flowerings of community can be seen at Vin?a, where Neolithic farmers and traders exploited the Danube’s banks. We also visit castles and fortresses, discover the old town at Nis, and delve deeper into the incredibly rich history of Serbia.
This tour is a little off the beaten track, but the country’s wealth of evocative sites will ensure our days - and minds - are filled with wonder. Join us as we uncover the story of Serbia & the Balkans.
- Explore Vin?a, the Danube-side cradle of European civilisation
- Late Roman grandeur at the fortified palace of Emperor Galerius
- Visit castles on the banks of the mighty Danube
- Slocbik Lazarica monstery, set among forested hills in the south
- The old town at Nis, a typical medieval trading city of the Balkans
- All Inclusive
- Special Access
- Expert Guide Lecturer
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach
- Meals - All meals included with wine at dinner
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in programme; tips included
- Field Notes
For full information about Passport validity and Visa requirements as well as Health and Vaccination information please click here.