The meeting point between Africa and Europe, East and West - there’s so much more to the Sicily you think you know. The classically beautiful heart of the Mediterranean has been praised by poets and became the prize of countless cultures – Phoenicians, Greeks, Romans and more. The sun-soaked island is home to wonderfully-preserved Greek temples, Roman villas and Norman cathedrals - many filled with glorious mosaics. Its bountiful seas and fertile lands were once the sites of fierce ancient battles; but Sicily was also a creative centre of philosophy, art and learning.
This tour will leave memories of beautiful bays and ruinous ancient cities; and honey coloured columns against a clear blue sky.
- Island at the centre of the Mediterranean, a multicultural nucleus packed with spectacular monuments
- Exceptionally fine mosaics at Piazza Armerina, a palatial Roman villa, re-opened after extensive refurbishment
- From columns to cathedrals - explore honey-coloured Greek temples and gleaming gold-in-glass Norman mosaics
- Historic Churches
- Cultural Excursion
- Ancient Greek
- Special Access
- Expert Guide Lecturer
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in programme; tips included
- Field Notes
- Hotels - Bed & Breakfast
For full information about Passport validity and Visa requirements as well as Health and Vaccination information please click here.