The Spying Game - London
Everything you always wanted to know about espionage..but were afraid to ask!
A Study Day with former Soviet spy turned espionage historian BORIS VOLODARSKY
In this thrilling Study Day, Dr Boris Volodarsky, a former agent of Soviet military intelligence, the GRU, lifts the (iron) curtain on the real spy world.
You will learn:
- Where the Cold War was fought out across London : meeting points, dead letter boxes and safe houses.
- Where Britain's Intelligence agencies MI5 and MI6 operated historically from their formation before WW1, and where they are located today.
- 'Spyspeak': the meaning of 'treffs', 'cutouts', 'illegals' and 'agents of influence'.
- The tricks of the Spies' trade: Code-breaking, cyphers, and electronic intelligence.
- A brief history of britain's secret service : from Elizabeth I to the Cambridge spies.
09.30 Meet at The National Liberal Club, Westminster, London
10.00 Introduction by BORIS VOLODARSKY: 'The real spy world'.
11.00 Board bus for our tour around 'the spies' London.
12.30 Arrive at the National Liberal Club for buffet lunch.
14.00 Lecture by Boris etc
15.15 Break tea coffee
15.30 Lecture by Andrew Lownie etc
- Expert Guide Lecturer
- Tour Manager
See something old in a new way
Andante Study Days offer rare, often unique, insights into the world of working archaeology. All are led by expert guides, and are designed to give guests access to some of the best of British Archaeology...
What to expect
- An expert guide to accompany you throughout the Day
- A mixture of lectures, practical demonstrations, handling sessions, guided tours and walks
- Special access to museums, sites and galleries otherwise closed to the general public (where specified)
- Small Groups 12-25 guests
- The company of like-minded people!