Superbly situated on the banks of the continent-dividing Bosphorus strait, and, like Rome, built on seven hills, the vibrant metropolis of Istanbul has been around for over two and half millenia. Two great empires have made it their capital, the Christian Byzantines and the Muslim Ottoman Turks, and it is their spectacular legacy that makes the city so appealing to those of us with a passion for archaeology and history.
The Topkapi Palace and its mysterious harem, the gloriously Iznik-tiled Blue Mosque, and the gorgeous mosaics and frescoes of the Church of Saviour in Chora are some of the highlights.
- Special out-of-hours access to one of the worlds truly great buildings - Hagia Sophia
- Be one of the first to return to Istanbul, travelling with Terry Richardson who literally wrote the book on this amazing city
- Enjoy free time to soak up the atmosphere and culture
- Ply the blue waters of the continent-dividing Bosphorus strait on a private boat
- Sample the local cuisine, including baklava and köfte
- Historic Churches
- Great Cities
- Special Access
- All Inclusive
- Expert Guide Lecturer
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach
- Meals - Most meals included with wine at dinner
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in programme; tips included
- Field Notes
For full information about Passport validity and Visa requirements as well as Health and Vaccination information please click here.