Longborough is a charming small village located near Broadway in the Cotswolds and is home to an opera house that hosts the annual festival.
Originally attracting a few local supporters of charities, the Longborough Festival first started life in a barn situated within the village. With growing popularity, the barn was converted into an opera house and the audiences continued to grow – reaching some 1,600 by 1997. The festival now offers high-quality performances every summer with popular operas appearing on the stage.
- Tickets to Don Giovanni
- Accompany a member of staff on a behind-the-scenes tour
- Two nights’ accommodation in the beautiful Cotswolds
- Meet a member of the cast after the evening performance
This evening, we meet our opera guide at the hotel for a welcome drink and the chance to meet a performer. Afterwards, we enjoy a leisurely dinner where we can acquaint ourselves with the other members of our tour group.
This morning we have some time to explore Broadway before returning to our hotel for a talk on the opera we will see this evening. After an independent lunch, we transfer to the opera house and meet the people who work behind the scenes, who will give us an insight into what goes into making this festival run smoothly. Dinner is followed by a performance of Mozart’s Don Giovanni.
We have breakfast at our hotel this morning and then the tour will come to an end.
- Expert Guide Lecturer
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in programme; tips included
- Meals - Most meals included with wine at dinner
- Opera Tickets - Entry to all performances in the programme. We request the seats in the centre stalls as these offer the best view although seats in boxes are usually more expensive. There is no guarantee that we will get the seats requested as availability is often limited. Where it is possible to avoid boxes as an alternative we will, but in some cases it may be the only option.
Allow yourself to be transported in a celebration of musical prestige as the rhythms of these cities pulse through your veins. These specially selected tours explore the rich sounds of New York the capital of artistic variety, the magic of opera in Italy and a celebration of creative spirits at the Puccini Festival. Indulge all your senses in the stunning scenery and sounds of the unrivalled Opera house in Milan and explore the royal palaces of Bavaria. We have special access to go behind the stage door and find the secrets of staging world-class theatrical productions and you'll get the chance to get up close to the show-stealing costumes.
The show-stopper of our spectacular opera holidays – be treated to world-renowned performances of music or dance, guaranteed with secured tickets for our guests.
Live and breathe the sounds of these cities & browse the full range of music and dance tours below.