France | Pyrenees Rock Art
Created by our ancestors around 35,000 to 10,000 years ago, at a time when Europe lay in the grip of an Ice Age and creatures now long-extinct roamed the countryside, cave art provides one of the most direct connections with our distant past. The truly astonishing feature of rock art is that it remains precisely where the artist intended. And we, the modern visitors, may well view the art while standing upon the exact spot on which the artist stood.
Preserved by the constant temperature of their environment, these drawings and paintings have remained intact for millennia, deep in the caves of the Pyrenees. Dr Bahn has devoted his career to the study of rock art and is able to arrange superb access to the caves.
- Enjoy privileged access to cave sites usually closed to the public, in the company of an archaeologist and specialist on prehistoric rock art
- All the arrangements made for you to give the best possible access to the caves and rock shelters of this beautiful region
- Based in a single hotel - a comfortable former coaching inn in St Girons
- Rock Art
- Special Access
- Small Group
- Low Single Supplement
- Just One Hotel
- All Inclusive
- Expert Guide Lecturer
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach
- Meals - All meals included with wine at dinner
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in programme; tips included
- Field Notes
For full information about Passport validity and Visa requirements as well as Health and Vaccination information please click here.