Sardinia’s archaeology tells the story of rich Prehistoric and Classical cultures regularly in contact with the wider Mediterranean world. Their greatest period of prosperity and architectural splendour was during the Bronze Age, when the inhabitants built thousands of Nuraghi - fortified stone towers, some surrounded by villages. Our tour takes you on an exploration of a variety of sites, building up a picture of this intriguing island society, before we move on to later Phoenician colonies and the coming of the Romans. Tombs, temples, traders and invaders on the rugged shores of this culturally and archaeologically unique Mediterranean island.
- Over 7000 well-preserved ‘nuraghi’ – fortified towers, including the World Heritage Site of Su Nuraxi di Barumini.
- Conquest and invasion at the Phoenician stronghold of Sulcis, ancient city perched on an isthmus at the very edge of the island.
- Wildly beautiful landscapes, with rich and varied flowers and wildlife.
- Special Access
- All Inclusive
- Expert Guide Lecturer
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach
- Meals - All meals included with wine at dinner
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in programme; tips included
- Field Notes
For full information about Passport validity and Visa requirements as well as Health and Vaccination information please click here.
Many of our tours can be linked together to form longer programmes. We are happy to arrange connecting flights and hotels, allowing you to spend as long as you wish exploring the ancient world... See suggestions below: