Ancient Mexico - Teotihuacan to Oaxaca
The varied landscapes of Mexico were the homeland of many distinctive cultures. Journeying from Mexico City to the Oaxaca highlands, we explore the legacy not only of the Aztecs and Teotihuacan but many other fascinating peoples: the Totonacs, Toltecs, the Cholulans, Zapotecs and Mixtecs.
Sometimes allies, sometimes bitter enemies, they all shared the same calendar systems and worshipped many of the same gods. Yet they produced an array of strikingly individualistic styles of architecture and of art, many examples of which we see displayed in some marvelous local museums.
- Beyond the Aztecs - a fascinating and unique journey discovering the myriad peoples of ancient Mexico
- Vast hilltop city of Monte Alban, recently named ‘World’s Best UNESCO Heritage Site’ by Which? Magazine
- From the jungles of Veracruz to the uplands of Oaxaca - superlative sites and some of the world’s finest museums
- The New World
- Historic Churches
- Special Access
- Small Group
- All Inclusive
- Expert Guide Lecturer
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach
- Meals - All meals included with wine at dinner
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in programme; tips included
- Field Notes
For full information about Passport validity and Visa requirements as well as Health and Vaccination information please click here.