Turkey | Anatolia & Cappadocia
Our highly recommended tour takes travellers on a kaleidoscopic journey through the heartlands of Turkey. Beginning in Çatal Höyük, arguably the earliest city in the world, we continue to Hittite Hattuša and the Phrygian capital of King Midas.
Central Anatolia is a beautiful region of mountains and plains, where early farmers settled down to build permanent occupation sites and temples to their gods. The otherworldly geology of Cappadocia is matched by the unique archaeology: underground cities and vividly frescoed churches carved high in the rocks.
- Journey through millennia – from the important Neolithic city of Çatal Höyük, to the elegant monuments of pre-Ottoman Turkey
- Extraordinary volcanic landscapes: including an underground city and a rock-cut monastery in the pinnacles of Tufa
- Full day exploring the ‘utterly spectacular’ mountain city of Kerkenes Da?
- Historic Churches
- All Inclusive
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach
- Meals - All meals included
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in programme; tips included
- Field Notes
- Hotels - 2 nights in a laid-back, casual hotel with contemporary decor in Konya, 4 nights in a beautifully designed modern hotel in Ürgüp, 2 nights in a comfortable hotel in the centre of Bogazkale, 2 nights in a luxurious, palatial hotel near the centre of Ankara
- Flights - Scheduled return flights from London to Istanbul
2 nights in a laid-back, casual hotel with contemporary decor in Konya
4 nights in a beautifully designed modern hotel in Ürgüp
2 nights in a comfortable hotel in the centre of Bogazkale
2 nights in a luxurious, palatial hotel near the centre of Ankara
Many of our tours can be linked together to form longer programmes. We are happy to arrange connecting flights and hotels, allowing you to spend as long as you wish exploring the ancient world... See suggestions below:
8 days | 18th Oct 2018 - 25th Oct 2018 | Call For Availability8 days | 16th Apr 2019 - 23rd Apr 2019 | £1,9958 days | 10th Oct 2019 - 17th Oct 2019 | £1,9958 days | 14th Nov 2019 - 21st Nov 2019 | £1,995Tour code: TUN18B, TUN19A, TUN19B, TUN19CView Tour details