The chalk downs of the ancient kingdom of Wessex have been a focus for monumental building and funerary ritual over more than five millennia. Henges, burial mounds of all shapes and sizes, causewayed camps, early field systems and ‘cursus’ monuments are scattered everywhere, forming a landscape full of clues and interest.
This was the very first Andante Tour, and our experts have been introducing people to these monuments for several decades now. This very privileged tour includes private access inside the stones at Stonehenge in the early morning. Extraordinary access to Britain’s best-known archaeological site, whose monumental bluestones have graced the landscape for thousands of years.
- Enjoy a private visit inside the stones at Stonehenge in the early morning
- Explore a landscape of rites and ritual
- Receive special access to Devizes Museum, with a guided tour by the Museum Director, followed by dinner at the museum
- Cultural Excursion
- Special Access
- Low Single Supplement
- Just One Hotel
- All Inclusive
- Expert Guide Lecturer
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach
- Meals - All meals included with wine at dinner
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in programme; tips included
- Field Notes
For full information about Passport validity and Visa requirements as well as Health and Vaccination information please click here.