Scottish Highlands and Islands
Follow Scotland’s story from the prehistoric era to the arrival of the Romans, and their early ambition to take all of Britain. This tour is an adventurous journey through the dramatic landscapes of the Highlands and Islands.
- A guided tour of the National Museum of Scotland
- Visit the extraordinary Callanish Standing Stones
- Exceptional prehistory awaits at Kilmartin Museum
- View one of the oldest religious centres, Iona Abbey
- Explore the well-preserved Carloway Broch
- Historic Churches
- Expert Guide Lecturer
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach and ferry
- Meals - All meals included with wine at dinner
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in programme; tips included
- Field Notes
- 2 nights in a new and smart hotel in Edinburgh, close to the railway station.
- 3 nights in a 3* country hotel set in the stunning landscape of the Scottish West Highlands on the edge of Loch Melfort.
- 2 nights in a characterful hotel, converted from fishermens cottages, situated on the harborfront of Portree on Skye.
- 1 night in a large country hotel near Aberfeldy.
For full information about Passport validity and Visa requirements as well as Health and Vaccination information please click here.