Rome is much more than you see on the surface. Behind the grand Renaissance architecture and medieval churches, the city is laid out on ancient Roman lines. Elegant facades hide crumbling ancient masonry and to truly appreciate this legacy, you have to delve beyond the usual marble monuments and beneath the modern streets. During our tour, we explore a hidden world of buried houses, underground temples, and secret catacombs usually only accessible to specialists.
A truly exclusive break, Hidden Rome takes care of all your needs; enjoy a 5* hotel in the heart of the ancient city, and a spectacular Michelin starred meal with a view over Rome and the dome of St Peter’s Basilica.
- Special access to the Secret Archives of the Vatican, usually only permitted to officials and scholars
- An insiders guide to ancient Rome - with access to working excavations, hidden Roman sites and museums
- Out of hours access to the world-famous Capitoline Museum, home to many of the treasures of ancient Rome
- Historic Churches
- Ancient Greek
- Special Access
- Small Group
- Just One Hotel
- All Inclusive
- Expert Guide Lecturer
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach
- Meals - All meals included with wine at dinner
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in programme; tips included
- Field Notes
We stay in a fantastic 5* hotel in the very heart of the city - the ideal location from which to explore the delights of Rome - only a few steps away from St Peter’s Church and the Pantheon. There is a roof terrace bar with excellent panoramic views across the city.
For full information about Passport validity and Visa requirements as well as Health and Vaccination information please click here.