Meet the Vikings
The Vikings were great seafarers, raiders and traders of the Early Middle Ages. Far from being a race of barbarians, they presided over an extensive trading network. They fought with swords of Afghan steel, wore imported silk from China, and reached the coast of North America. Following in the Vikings’ footsteps, we make our own epic voyage across Europe starting at Germany through Denmark to Sweden.
We seek out trading towns, treasure, kings and longships. Led by Viking expert Brian Ayers, we trace the rise of this great civilisation whose ruthless skill inspired awe and terror throughout Northern Europe and beyond.
- Britain, Germany, Denmark, Sweden: a unique and epic sweep through the lands of the Vikings
- Raiders, traders, explorers and craftsmen; discover every aspect of this great Northern European people
- Sail and row a Viking longship. Visit runestones, kingly burials and the great trading ports of Hedeby, Ribe and Birka
- Great Cities
- Cultural Excursion
- Special Access
- Small Group
- All Inclusive
- Expert Guide Lecturer
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach
- Meals - All meals included
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in programme; tips included
- Field Notes
For full information about Passport validity and Visa requirements as well as Health and Vaccination information please click here.