Meet the Romans
Bloodthirsty Imperialists or the greatest Empire the world has ever known? At its peak, the Roman Empire covered a vast territory, ruled by powerful, often capricious Emperors, whose names remain familiar 2,000 years later. In this tour we contrast the grand marble monuments of Rome with the humbler, but exceptionally preserved cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum.
Led by passionate Roman specialists, we follow the path of the Roman elite, travelling between two great, contrasting ancient cities. In Rome, we get a feel for life in an Imperial capital; before we take the holiday route of wealthy Romans to the ordinary seaside Roman town of Pompeii.
- Visit both Rome and Pompeii
- Includes iconic Roman sites throughout - Tivoli, Herculaneum and more
- Stay in two excellent hand-picked 4* hotels
- Great Cities
- Cultural Excursion
- Special Access
- All Inclusive
- Expert Guide Lecturer
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach
- Meals - All meals included with wine at dinner
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in programme; tips included
- Field Notes
For full information about Passport validity and Visa requirements as well as Health and Vaccination information please click here.