Festive Food in Bologna
Discover the home of tagliatelle, tortellini, mortadella, ragù and more. This unique tour will satisfy even the most voracious of appetites for food and for history! What better time could you find to taste the millennial fruits of culinary evolution than at Christmas? The Emilian menu includes some of Italy’s most famous products such as Parmesan cheese and Parma ham which have been made for over 2000 years, as well as the luxurious balsamic vinegar. This is an unusual tour for Andante - exploring the combination of the archaeological remains and gastronomic history of Bologna. Along the way we hunt for truffles, visit the city’s eclectic and fascinating museums and enjoy some sumptuous meals that would have satisfied even an Etruscan appetite!
- Enjoy the glories of ‘La Grassa,’ the Fat City of Italy - towering medieval edifices and the best of Italian cuisine
- Visit some of the best museums in Italy, incorporating ancient river boats, intricate gold-working and fine Roman sculptures
- Hunt for truffles, make your own fresh pasta and see how Parmesan is made, in the company of an archaeologist and an expert in Italian cuisine
- Historic Churches
- Great Cities
- Cultural Excursion
- Christmas - New Year
- Special Access
- Low Single Supplement
- Just One Hotel
- All Inclusive
- Expert Guide Lecturer
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach
- Meals - All meals included - dinners with wine
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in programme; tips included
- Field Notes
- Hotels - 7 nights stay in what was originally a 13th century guildhall. This hotel is in a pedestrian area next to the Basilicata of San Petronio, in the heart of the city. The Piazza Maggiore, the Leaning Towers, shops and restaurants are only a few minutes away.
- Flights - Scheduled return flights from London to Bologna
7 nights stay in what was originally a 13th century guildhall. This hotel is in a pedestrian area next to the Basilicata of San Petronio, in the heart of the city. The Piazza Maggiore, the Leaning Towers, shops and restaurants are only a few minutes away.
For full information about Passport validity and Visa requirements as well as Health and Vaccination information please click here.