Venice at New Year
At the head of the Adriatic, floating on the ephemeral islets of the lagoon, is the city of Venice. We explore both the great churches, palaces and museums, and the lesser-known archaeological remains, still being uncovered. We visit the islands of Torcello and Murano, where underwater investigation has revealed much about the trade that underpinned Venice’s rise to greatness.
This is a very privileged view of the city. We have special access to the iconic Doge’s palace, where we visit the cells and historic offices of state. We explore the once-mighty republic on-foot and by boat. Our tour culminates with a private evening visit to St Mark’s Basilica a chance to view the gilded ‘Chapel’ of the Venetian Patriarchs in splendid isolation, after the crowds have departed.
- Special access to the Doge’s Palace and a private evening visit to St Mark’s Basilica
- By vaporetto across the lagoon to the evocative, almost deserted island of Torcello, home to the oldest buildings in Venice
- Wonderful festive atmosphere of Italian New Year’s Eve, with fireworks over St Mark’s Square
- Historic Churches
- Great Cities
- Christmas - New Year
- Special Access
- Just One Hotel
- All Inclusive
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach
- Meals - All meals included - dinners with wine
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in programme; tips included
- Field Notes
- Flights - Scheduled return flights from London to Venice
For full information about Passport validity and Visa requirements as well as Health and Vaccination information please click here.