Rarely visited by modern tourists, the region was well-known to the ancient Greeks. Indeed, legend has it that Jason travelled to Georgia (Ancient Colchis) to seek out the Golden Fleece. Like us, the Argonauts would surely have marvelled at its snow-capped mountain peaks and forested river valleys.
Georgia has an impressive archaeological record, rich in prehistoric monuments, Roman remains and monasteries of the Middle Ages. In addition to Classical sites, we discover Tbilisi ‘city of light’, dramatically-set mountain churches, and the more sobering birthplace of Stalin. Our Guide Lecturer for this tour, Ian Colvin has worked extensively in Georgia and shares his intimate knowledge of the history and culture of the Caucasus.
- Classical cities, royal citadels, vertiginous monasteries and some of the world’s oldest wineries.
- The Black Sea coast: dramatic mountain scenery, fertile rivers
- Historic Churches
- Cultural Excursion
- Ancient Greek
- Special Access
- All Inclusive
- Expert Guide Lecturer
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach
- Meals - All meals included with wine at dinner
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in program; tips included
- Field Notes
For full information about Passport validity and Visa requirements as well as Health and Vaccination information please click here.