Short Break in Berlin
Nowhere are the forces and pressures of Europe’s past, present and future, more vividly on display than in Berlin. At the heart of the continent, the city has often been caught at the nexus of world-events, with sometimes triumphant, sometimes tragic consequences. Trace the development of the city over 600 years: from Prussian capital and leading cultural light of Northern Europe during the Enlightenment, to the most modern town in the world during the 1920s. Nick Jackson, an archaeologist and long-term Berlin-resident, also introduces the darker days of the 20th century, with the rise of Nazism and division under the Berlin Wall. The highs and lows of a city divided and reunited.
- Beyond the Berlin Wall - from proud Prussian capital to years of division as the Iron Curtain descended.
- Grand parks and iconic palaces - we visit the World Heritage Site of Potsdam.
- Dinner on the roof of the Reichstag with panoramic views over the city.
- Great Cities
- Special Access
- Low Single Supplement
- Just One Hotel
- All Inclusive
- Expert Guide Lecturer
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach and trains
- Meals - All meals included with wine at dinner
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in programme; tips included
- Field Notes
For full information about Passport validity and Visa requirements as well as Health and Vaccination information please click here.