Meet the Greeks
The ‘Greatest Hits’ of the Greek world: gods, heroes, monsters and kings. The stories and legends, customs and politics of the Greek world continue to echo through the ages. From Achilles’ heel to Herculean struggles, election voting to frequenting the theatre. How did a rowdy group of rival kingdoms dominate the ancient Aegean for so many centuries?
Our journey begins in the Peloponnesian hills, dramatic landscapes where myth and legend endured for millennia: where the hero Hercules began his twelve tasks, and King Agamemnon set out to rescue Helen and capture Troy. Continue to Classical Athens, a city whose Golden Age led to astonishing advances in art, philosophy, science and politics.
- From the heroic exploits of Hercules, to the Trojan Wars, to the Golden age of Classical Athens
- The perfect introduction of 2000 years of Western Civilisation
- Receive a special talk at Eleusis with the site director
- Historic Churches
- Great Cities
- Ancient Greek
- Special Access
- All Inclusive
- Expert Guide Lecturer
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach
- Meals - All meals included with wine at dinner
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in programme; tips included
- Field Notes
- 2 nights in a well situated hotel, just off the main square and close to museums in the beautiful town of Nafplion;
- 5 nights in a modern city hotel with rooftop garden views of the Parthenon, close to the Acropolis in Athens
For full information about Passport validity and Visa requirements as well as Health and Vaccination information please click here.