Ask most archaeology enthusiasts about the Hittites and they will most likely meet you with a blank face. Extraordinary really, when you consider that this Bronze Age, Anatolian civilisation ruled a vast swathe of Asia Minor, building cities designing monumental engineering and developing Iron-Age technology from 1600 to 1100BC. Join us as we shine a light on the Hittites amid the beautiful hills and plains of Anatolia. From Ankara to Alaca Höyük, this tour offers a real exploration of Ancient Turkey. We encounter ancient citadels, formidable fortifications and rock reliefs and tombs. Venture away from the tourist trail. This trip is a must for anyone wishing to see an entirely different Turkey.
- Discover the world of the Hittites, one of the dominant civilisations of the Bronze Age
- Visit Hattusa, the capital of the Hittite Empire; and the nearby open-air sanctuary of Yazilikaya
- Ancient Greek
- Special Access
- Low Single Supplement
- All Inclusive
- Expert Guide Lecturer
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in program; tips included
- Field Notes
- Hotels - Accommodation in hand-picked hotels.
For full information about Passport validity and Visa requirements as well as Health and Vaccination information please click here.