Sweden & Norway | Rock Art
Rock art dating from the Neolithic through to the Iron Age is scattered throughout the landscape of Scandinavia. Our journey through Sweden and Norway takes us to the best of these enigmatic depictions - scenes of fighting, sun worship, chariots and boats that shed light on the everyday life and beliefs of the people inhabiting these dramatic landscapes over 3500 years ago.
Led by expert Dr Tertia Barnett, discover a Scandinavia that you never knew existed - stone circles, cairns and carved boulders hidden within Sweden and Norway’s varied and dramatic landscape.
- Visit the impressive Oslo Viking Ship Museum, home to the world’s best-preserved and first-discovered Viking ships
- Enjoy a leisurely afternoon gliding along the Alta River, taking in some of the spectacular scenery (and hopefully glimpsing some local wildlife)
- Marvel at vast expanses of rock art at Hjemmeluft, including a huge panel depicting over 1500 mythical figures
- Rock Art
- Special Access
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach
- Meals - All meals included
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in programme; tips included
- Field Notes
- Hotels - 3 nights in a 17th century former manor house in Tanumshede, 1 night stay in an elegant Oslo hotel dating from the 1920s, 3 nights in a polished hotel with modern rooms in northerly Alta
- Flights - Scheduled return flights from London to Oslo & Alta
3 nights in a 17th century former manor house in Tanumshede
1 night stay in an elegant Oslo hotel dating from the 1920s
3 nights in a polished hotel with modern rooms in northerly Alta
For full information about Passport validity and Visa requirements as well as Health and Vaccination information please click here.