Relaxed Lake Garda
The region around the Lake is surrounded by mountains and linked to beautiful historic towns by rivers and canals. It is an intriguing area – with prehistoric and Celtic sites adjacent to wonderful Roman remains. All set in a landscape including villas and towns of the Middle Ages and Renaissance. We’re sure this tour – offering a truly unique mix of archaeology, art and architecture – will hold your imagination. The imposing Roman villas, and the Renaissance villas and buildings, associated with the famous architect Andrea Palladio are just some of the wonders of this tour. To cap it all, we will be in the region of the Valpolicella wine villas – noted for their products and histories.
- Visit an imposing Roman villa on the very banks of Lake Garda, said to have been the home of the Augustan age poet, Catullus
- Immerse yourself in the stunning architecture of the Renaissance, created by – among others – the master, Andrea Palladio
- Sample the products from one of the wine producing villas in the Valpolicella area
- Special Access
- Small Group
- Just One Hotel
- All Inclusive
- Expert Guide Lecturer
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach
- Meals - All meals included with wine at dinner
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in programme; tips included
- Field Notes
For full information about Passport validity and Visa requirements as well as Health and Vaccination information please click here.