The Ice Man and his World
The Alpine valleys of Val Camonica hold one of the largest collections of Prehistoric rock art in the world - Italy’s first World Heritage Site. The images depict every facet of life from Neolithic through to Roman times. Each depiction is unique, creating a varied and concentrated gallery of prehistoric life: there are animals, humans, boats, carts, huts - some strung together into narratives - an almost overwhelming profusion of detail.
Having set the scene, we venture into the mountains to visit the ice-man ‘Ötzi’ - an emissary from 5000 years ago. Hikers stumbled across Ötzi in 1991, and for over two decades analysis of his body, and the extraordinary Prehistoric tool kit he carried, has given us a glimpse into the Ice Man’s world...
- Special tour of Bolzano Museum – home to the Ice Man, Ötzi – with the curators who preserve him
- Discover the Prehistoric gallery of over 100,000 rock art depictions in the Val Camonica national park
- Remarkable waterlogged wooden structures and everyday items preserved in the mud at the edge of Lake Ledro
- Rock Art
- Special Access
- Small Group
- Low Single Supplement
- All Inclusive
- Expert Guide Lecturer
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach
- Meals - All meals included with wine at dinner
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in programme; tips included
- Field Notes
3 nights in a comfortable 3 star hotel in Boario Terme
2 nights in Terme
For full information about Passport validity and Visa requirements as well as Health and Vaccination information please click here.