Home to stunning monuments, architecture and museums, Berlin is an icon of 20th century history. Yet beyond the tourist hotspots, there is an even more intriguing Berlin to explore. Join us in uncovering a lesser known past: take a private tour of the sprawling Hohenschönhausen Jail; and discover the fully story behind the iconic Berlin Wall.
Archaeologist and Berlin resident, Nick Jackson, leads this exclusive tour as we explore the highs and lows of a city torn apart... and pieced back together again. This tour is a must for those wishing to get at the heart of Berlin’s dynamic and hidden history as well as its finest gastronomic delights.
- Uncover sites behind Berlin’s imperial facade, such as Tempelhof airport
- Enjoy a special evening meal on top of the Reichstag building
- Stay in a 5* hotel in central Berlin
- Enjoy excellent food paired with classical music in the unique setting of Berlin’s historic Charlottenburg Palace Orangery
- Historic Churches
- Ancient Greek
- Special Access
- Small Group
- Just One Hotel
- All Inclusive
- Expert Guide Lecturer
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach
- Meals - All meals included with wine at dinner
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in programme; tips included
- Field Notes
5 nights in a hotel located on Berlin’s Gendarnmenmarkt, only a stone’s throw away from the Friedrichstrasse shopping street
For full information about Passport validity and Visa requirements as well as Health and Vaccination information please click here.