Pompeii & Amalfi – Wine and Archaeology
Southern Italy is an incredibly rich region, its abundant archaeology perfectly complemented by its equally historic 4000-year-old wine legacy. Explore rock-cut abbeys, fascinating museums, magnificent temples and the astonishing remnants of ancient towns and cities devastated (and preserved) by Vesuvius. Wine is the life blood of the region – it was named ‘land of wine’ by the Greeks. The wines were adored by the Romans and its not hard to see why - bold, full-bodied, and supremely satisfying… but don’t take our word for it.
Andante Travels have joined forces with Arblaster & Clarke Wine Tours to offer a series of Wine & Archaeology tours
- Enjoy wine tastings in local family-run vineyards, plus cooking classes and delicious local dishes from the home of pizza and buffalo mozzarella
- See Pompeii, Herculaneum and lesser-known sites with archaeologists who bring these ancient sites to life
- Enjoy the best of both worlds: an irresistible combination of world-famous archaeological sites and mouth-watering wines
- Historic Churches
- Ancient Greek
- Special Access
- Low Single Supplement
- All Inclusive
- Expert Guides - Classical archaeology expert and an expert wine guide.
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in programme; tips included
- Field Notes
- Hotels - 2 nights in the heart of Ravello, one of the most beautiful cities in the world, 2 nights in front of the Amalfi coast with a spectacular view of Capri, 3 nights in a 4 star hotel in Naples within the luxury shopping area and a few metres away from Piazza del Plebiscito
- Meals - All meals included - dinners with wine
- Flights - Scheduled return flights from London to Naples
2 nights in the heart of Ravello, one of the most beautiful cities in the world
2 nights in front of the Amalfi coast with a spectacular view of Capri
3 nights in a 4 star hotel in Naples within the luxury shopping area and a few metres away from Piazza del Plebiscito
This tour is being run jointly between Andante Travels and our sister site Arblaster & Clarke Wine Tours.
Founded in 1987, Arblaster & Clarke is the world’s leading wine tours operator and aims to provide wine holiday experiences that go beyond the ordinary - with visits, tastings, lunches and dinners at rising star wineries and famous châteaux. www.winetours.co.uk
For full information about passport validity and Visa requirements as well as Health and Vaccination information please click here.