Turin Festive Food
Nestled on three sides by the towering Alps and Apennine mountains, Piedmont, of which Turin is the capital, is a region as famous for its gourmet delicacies as its feuding fiefdoms. Home to the Savoy dynasty and battlefield of many wars, Piedmont’s history is vibrant.
Enjoy a Christmas that perfectly combines archaeological sites with Piedmont’s best local food and wine. Explore the wine cellars of Canelli and descend beneath Alba to the remains of the Roman and medieval city below. Learn how to make panissa among the rice fields of Vercelli and sample traditional Gramolino cake in the 15th century castle of Galliate.
- Discover excavations that lie hidden beneath the streets of modern day Alba
- Enjoy a Christmas Day walk along the splendid avenues and piazzas of Turin followed by a traditional Christmas lunch
- Receive special access to the 16th century fresco cycle at the remains of the abbey of San Sileno
- Cultural Excursion
- Christmas - New Year
- Special Access
- All Inclusive
- Flights - Scheduled return flights from London to Milan
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach
- Meals - All meals included - dinners with wine
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in programme; tips included
- Hotel - 6 nights located only a ten minute walk from Piazza Castello and other major sites in Turin. The restaurant offers classic Italian cuisine and free access to the on-site fitness suite.
6 nights located only a ten minute walk from Piazza Castello and other major sites in Turin. The restaurant offers classic Italian cuisine and free access to the on-site fitness suite.
Lucid, adventurous, expert-led holidays exploring some of the world’s most fascinating ancient sites, in the company of like-minded fellow travellers - what could be merrier?
"Rome at Christmas - eating in local Italian restaurants - the beautiful decorations in the streets and Piazzas - the fascinating archaeology - St Peter's Square on Christmas morning, I could continue indefinitely!"