Athens & the Glories of Pericles
Pericles was Greece’s most prominent and influential Greek statesman and orator. Join us and explore Athens as he knew it - during the Golden Age. Athens is often referred to as the world’s ancient capital - iconic monuments lie moments away from fascinating museums and endless ancient landmarks. The centre of Athens is, in itself, an open-air museum...
Join us at the Acropolis and the agora - where merchants haggled and great philosophers came to debate; then journey, just as the ancients did, to the great oracle at Delphi, in the vertiginous green hills above the city. Lead by one of our most popular Guide Lecturers, this tour is the perfect follow-up to those who have travelled with Andante to Sicily, Pompeii or Crete.
- Explore the sites and monuments - the great and the little-known - that made Athens the centre of the Classical Greek world
- Beyond Athens we travel to beautiful Delphi, and the site of Eleusis, where the cult of the goddess Demeter existed for centuries
- Based in one very comfortable hotel in the centre of Athens, in easy walking distance of the Old Town
- Great Cities
- Ancient Greek
- Special Access
- All Inclusive
- Flights - Scheduled return flights from London to Athens
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach
- Meals - All meals included - dinners with wine
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in programme; tips included
- Hotels - 5 nights spent in a modern city hotel conveniently located in central Athens. This hotel offers views of the Parthenon from the rooftop garden and is only a short walk from the Plaka, the old quarter of the city.
5 nights spent in a modern city hotel conveniently located in central Athens. This hotel offers views of the Parthenon from the rooftop garden and is only a short walk from the Plaka, the old quarter of the city.