Ancient Wonders of Sicily
Let us introduce you to Sicily: seductively beautiful and perfectly placed in the heart of the Mediterranean. Discover this fertile prize, coveted by countless cultures, including the Phoenicians, Greeks and Romans.
The island is home to wonderfully-preserved Greek temples, Roman villas and Norman cathedrals - many filled with glorious mosaics. Its dramatic coastal, volcanic and mountain scenery once provided the backdrop to many ancient battles. On this week long tour we introduce the very best of Sicily’s archaeological sites. Those who wish to delve a little deeper into the island’s past should turn to our eleven day Sicila Antiqua tour.
- Explore a landscape of ancient civilisations; from Greek temples to Roman villas, Norman cathedrals to the ruins of age-old fortresses
- The perfect week long introduction to ancient Sicily, travelling from Norman Palermo to Ancient Greek Siracusa (and everything inbetween!)
- Enjoy a special access at the Capella Palatina in Palermo
- Visit Piazza Armerina, the villa of a Late Roman aristocrat with a taste for expensive mosaics
- Historic Churches
- Ancient Greek
- Special Access
- All Inclusive
- Expert Guide Lecturer
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach
- Meals - All meals included with wine at dinner
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in programme; tips included
- Field Notes
For full information about Passport validity and Visa requirements as well as Health and Vaccination information please click here.