Phoenicians in Spain
Join us as we tour Andalucia and the scenic coastal landscape of southern Spain and the western Mediterranean. Almost a synonym for ancient Spain as a whole, Andalucia has been immortalised in art and music throughout history. The Phoenicians of Lebanon were one of the greatest trading powers in the ancient Mediterranean, and in Spain’s glittering metal mines they saw the potential for fabulous wealth.
From Phoenician towns to Bronze Age Ibiza and sanctuaries in the Bay of Cádiz, discover the ancient cultures of southern Spain. We also explore ancient Cartagena, stronghold of the Carthaginian general Hannibal Barca — still considered one of the greatest military commanders in history.
- Explore Cartagena, founded by the Carthaginians in 227BC; and journey through the scenic coastal landscape of Andalucia
- Discover Carteia, a Phoenician and Roman town, originally founded as a trading settlement
- See another side of Ibiza - home of El Puig des Molins, the best conserved necropolis of the Phoenician-Punic culture
- Special Access
- All Inclusive
- Expert Guide Lecturer
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach
- Meals - All meals included with wine at dinner
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in programme; tips included
- Field Notes
For full information about Passport validity and Visa requirements as well as Health and Vaccination information please click here.