Florence | The City & its Artists
A title as illustrious as the ‘Cradle of the Renaissance’ is not given lightly, and the city of Florence is more than deserving of such acclaim. During our tour of the city, we examine the lives of the many artists that have left a lasting impression on the cultural landscape, viewing the exquisite works of Botticelli, Michelangelo, and more across the city’s main fine museums. An obvious highlight of our tour is a private audience with a true icon of the Renaissance, Michelangelo’s David. He couldn’t have imagined the wonder future generations would feel, gazing upon his marble creation, when he said:
“The best artist has that thought alone which is contained within the marble shell; the sculptor’s hand can only break the spell to free the figures slumbering in the stone.”
Join us to feast on world-class art and unmatched scenery.
- Exclusive out of hours access to the Accademia Museum to view Michelangelo’s David privately
- Exclusive access to the mosaic workshops
- Private drawing workshop at an art studio in central Florence
- Private visit to the Palazzo Corsini (if lucky, as we were in 2017, the Countess, owner of the palace, will show us around herself)
- Cultural Excursion
- Special Access
- All Inclusive
- Expert Guide Lecturer
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach
- Meals - All meals included with wine at dinner
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in programme; tips included
• Florence is renowned for its extreme weather with hot summers and cold winters. In December temperatures should still be relatively mild with averages around 10 – 15°C during the day, dropping a little in the evening. The very low temperatures rarely set in before January but cold winter conditions have been known to occur in December so you may wish to pack something warm just in case.
• There will be a fair amount of walking around the city on most days of the tour. Comfortable walking shoes are essential.
• We will be attending a brief workshop during out tour. All materials will be provided.
For full information about Passport validity and Visa requirements as well as Health and Vaccination information please click here.