Woman & Home: Pompeii & the Amalfi Coast
To visit Pompeii and its stunningly preserved streets and buildings is to experience at first-hand life in the Roman Empire – and the terrible fate that befell the citizens of Pompeii in 79 AD, when a devastating eruption of Mount Vesuvius buried their town in layers of deep and deadly ash. This is a unique chance to see one of the great historical sites in the company of woman&home and Dr Margaret Mountford, the distinguished ancient historian who has also starred alongside Sir Alan Sugar on The Apprentice.
Amazingly preserved, Pompeii and the many Roman remains that surround it are waiting for you to unlock their secrets. And with several sites recently reopened after years of delicate conservation, there has never been a better time to visit.
What’s more, you’ll have the whole of the beautiful Bay of Naples and the stunning Amalfi Coast to explore during your stay, with time to enjoy the food, wine, architecture and intoxicating atmosphere of the stunning coastal towns of Sorrento, Positano and Ravello. This is a unique opportunity to experience one of the most fascinating – and enjoyable – places on Earth; who better to discover it with than Dr Margaret Mountford and w&h?
- A fascinating private lecture from Dr Margaret Mountford, the ancient historian and much-loved TV personality whose recent studies in Roman Papyrology will give the trip an extra dimension.
- A private dinner in which Dr Mountford will join woman&home readers at their tables to answer questions and discuss the day’s discoveries.
- An exclusive tour of the elaborate Roman villa of Oplontis with Dr Mountford as your expert guide.
- All flights and transfers.
- Four nights four-star accommodation in the Bay of Naples.
- All trips, guided excursions and transport in the Pompeii and Naples region.
- All breakfasts, as well as three out of the four lunches, and three out of the four dinners for the four nights that you will spend in Naples.
- A private lecture and exclusive w&h gala dinner with Dr Mountford.
- An expert guided tour of the villa of Oplontis with Dr Mountford.