The Celts in Germany & Luxembourg
Discover the Celts and their world with one of Britain’s leading experts, Prof John Collis. You will be introduced to the remarkable Celtic remains in southwest Germany and Luxembourg. During the tour we view the major collections of Celtic finds of this region and explore many sites from which they derive. The collections we visit display a broad range of artefacts from everyday life to grave goods and ritual objects, perfectly suited to provide the archaeological background to the on-site visits. These include oppida, cemeteries and other sacred areas. Much effort has been put into the reconstruction and maintenance of the major sites such as Glauberg and Belginum to give you a glimpse into the past.
- The Landesmuseum Württemberg possesses one of the most outstanding collections of Celtic finds throughout Europe
- Visit Glauberg, one of the most important centres among the Celtic oppida with its fortified settlement and burial mounds where the “Prince of Glauberg” statue was discovered.
- Reconstructed burial chamber of a Celtic ruler in the museum at Hochdorf
- Great Cities
- Special Access
- All Inclusive
- Expert Guide Lecturer
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach
- Meals - All meals included with wine at dinner
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in programme; tips included
- Field Notes
For full information about Passport validity and Visa requirements as well as Health and Vaccination information please click here.