Egypt: Queens & Nobles
We beckon you to Luxor, on the banks of the Nile we visit the ancient Thebes. Here, richly decorated tombs and awe-inspiring temples are waiting for you to discover. The colours and clarity inside these opulent burial sites of Egyptian noblemen and their wives are guaranteed to take your breath away - still so startlingly vivid, centuries after they were first daubed.
We start from Cairo and journey to Saqqara, where we pause in wonder at the Serapeum and its sacred bull catacombs. We enjoy the rare luxury of viewing the Sun Temple at Abu Ghurab in splendid isolation. We continue to one of the richest archaeological sites in Egypt, Elephantine Island. Here we go back to the beginnings of Pharaonic history, with an introduction to the temples of the ram-headed god Khnum, and his consort Satet. We sail away to world-renowned destinations along the Nile and Lake Nasser. We explore the ‘jewels of the desert cliffs’, the Tombs of the Nobles.
Perhaps one of the most beautiful tombs in Egypt is that of Nefertari, favourite wife of Ramesses II. The queen is depicted alongside deities and clothed in white, worshipping Osiris and offering milk to Hathor.
- Visit the tombs at Saqqara, the final resting place of many Nobles
- We take a boat trip around Lake Nasser and visit New Kalabsha Island.
- Venture through the Karnak Temple, visiting areas that are not normally explored
- Travel to Elephantine Island, one of the richest archaeological sites in Egypt
- Ancient Egyptians
- Special Access
- All Inclusive
- Expert Guide Lecturer
- Tour Manager
- Local Travel - Private a/c coach
- Meals - All meals included with wine at dinner
- Entries & Tips - Entry to all sites in programme; tips included
- Field Notes
For full information about Passport validity and Visa requirements as well as Health and Vaccination information please click here.