Crete & Santorini - Rise & Fall of Minoan Civilisation17th Sep 2024
The Minoans are best known for their incredible labyrinthine palaces - the greatest of which, located at Knossos, was supposedly where Theseus slew the Minotaur. Our journey across these two beautiful islands will demonstrate the impressive architectural and artistic skills of this Bronze Age civilisation.
We begin on the stunning island of Santorini, buried suddenly during the cataclysmic eruption of Thera, which signalled the beginning of the end of Minoan civilisation. In Crete, we continue to trace the story of the Minoans, whose writing, organisation and ambition had a profound influence on the development of ancient Greece - and, thus, the western world.
departures:Select Your Departure Date
What to Expect
- Experience the rich history and archaeological sites of Crete and Santorini in the company of our experts
- Explore the city of Akrotiri – the “Pompeii of the Aegean” – and the fascinating frescoes on display in the museum
- Take a boat trip to the island of Spinalonga, a former leper colony, to explore the abandoned buildings
- Visit the Archaeological Museum in Heraklion and view its fascinating collections
- Tick the mighty Palace of Knossos off your bucket list
|Location||Pickup Time||Dropoff Time|
|At Gatwick Airport||00:00|
** Please note that all timings are approximate and subject to change. Final timings and pick-up points will be confirmed with your joining instructions approximately 10 days prior to departure. **
Day by Day Itinerary
London - Santorini
We depart from London and fly to Santorini and transfer to our hotel, where we stay for two nights.