Albania & Macedonia - Via Egnatia
This is a journey through time and civilisations across the dramatic landscapes of southeast Europe. Albania, Macedonia and the Balkans represent a vast patchwork of cultures and civilisations. Our tour takes in the tombs and treasures of Philip of Macedon, the late Imperial glories of Thessaloniki, and the beautiful Medieval churches on the shores of Lake Ohrid.
Divided by mountains, the Balkans are united by ancient roads, which kept the disparate states and Empires in contact and conflict. The greatest of these was the Via Egnatia, a series of tracks used by the Romans to expedite their conquest of Illyria and Macedonia.
departures:Select Your Departure Date
What to Expect
- Explore the ancient ruins of Apollonia, one of the starting points of the Via Egnatia
- View the thundering waterfalls in Edessa
- Experience Albania’s lively capital, Tirana
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Ohrid, the ‘city of light’ on one of the oldest lakes in Europe
- Discover the palace complex of Galerius